Chapter 19: The Nervous System
Section 1: How the Nervous System Works
1. Identify the functions of the nervous system.
2. Describe the structure of a neuron and the kinds of
neurons found in the body.
3. Explain how nerve impulses travel from one
neuron to another.
Section 2: Divisions of the Nervous System
1. Describe the structures and functions of the central nervous system.
2. Describe the structures and functions of the peripheral nervous system.
3. Explain what a reflex is.
4. Identify two ways in which the nervous system can be injured.
Section 3: The Senses
1. Describe how your eyes enable you to see.
2. Describe how you hear and maintain your sense of balance.
3. Explain how your senses of smell and taste work together.
4. Explain how your skin is related to your sense of touch.
|Ms. Lariviere's Grade 7 Life Science||