Genetics: The Science of Heredity
Section 1: Mendel's Work
1. Describe the results of Mendel's experiments.
2. Identify what controls the inheritance of traits in organisms.
Section 2: Probability and Heredity
1. Define probability and describe how it helps explain the results of genetic crosses.
2. Explain what is meant by genotype and phenotype.
3. Tell what codominance is.
Section 3: The Cell and Inheritance
1. Describe the role chromosomes plan in inheritance.
2. Identify the events that occur during meiosis.
3. Explain the relationship between chromosomes and genes.
Section 4: The DNA Connection
1. Explain what forms the genetic code.
2. Describe how a cell produces proteins.
3. Identify how mutations can affect an organism.
|Ms. Lariviere's Grade 7 Life Science||